The objective of our family business continuity services is to further strengthen the synergies between capital and management which are inherent to family businesses. The ultimate aim is to build solid structures and systems, ensure the smooth transition to next generations and their future sustainability.
The reasons for using our family business continuity services are numerous and diverse. However, usually the main initial factors motivating family businesses to seek our services include:
- Privacy and confidentiality;
- Alignment of interest;
- Improved strategies and governance systems;
- Execution of bold growth strategies within the markets in which family businesses operate;
- Separation, or at least a distinction, between the family business and the family’s wealth;
- Potential for higher returns;
- Development and empowerment of talent through training
- Sustainability; and
- Safeguarding the interests of the next generation.
We recognise that every family business has its own history, culture and family setting. With relevant experience and competencies across various areas, we provide a holistic service that is tailor-made to the needs of our clients, by adopting an independent approach to the differences in personality between the generations and the strategic direction set by the stakeholders.
We help our clients overcome the challenge of passing the business from one generation to the next; make informed investment decisions; and assist in leadership appointments. In addition to acting as the external advisory council or part thereof, we assist in:
Sustainability and profitability:
- Getting the Board to champion sustainability;
- Incorporating sustainability into strategic plans;
- Focusing on creating long-term financial value;
- Setting and developing financial structures and reporting; and
- Advice on family constitution, foundations and trusts.
Strategies and governance:
- Setting strategic objectives;
- Identifying growth strategies:
- Amelioration of current service offerings;
- Business and market assessments; and
- Tap emerging markets
- Developing a governance framework:
- Composition of the Board;
- Organisation structure and reporting lines;
- Internal control systems; and
- Policies, processes, procedures and code of conduct.
- Developing professional and technical competences:
- Analysis of training needs;
- Development of leadership skills; and
- Talent management.
- Enhancing operational performance:
- Alignment of operational plan with strategy; and
- Advice on operational transformation and process improvement.
- Ensuring succession planning
- Distribution of voting rights and dividends; and
- Drafting of shareholders’ agreements.
- Assisting in estate planning;
- Developing robust financials:
- Capital management and investment planning
- Assisting in tax planning and management:
- Reduction of tax burden;
- Compliance with tax reporting obligations;
- Tax efficient acquisitions, restructuring and disposals; and
- Cross-border tax opportunities.
Contribution to the social environment:
- Assisting in the establishment of funds for philanthropy;
- Assisting in building family businesses’ commitment to energy efficiency and natural resource management; and
- Assisting in social impact investments.
Wahaat recognises that every family business has its own history, culture and family setting.
We provide a personalised service that is tailor-made to the needs of clients. Whilst being sensitive to the differences in personality between the generations and the strategic direction set by the stakeholders, our independent approach proposes sustainable business models.
Our expertise ranges from institutionalisation to assist family businesses restructure their legal and corporate mechanisms, building resiliency that survives through generations and developing asset strategy that supports family businesses to optimise corporate and portfolio investments.
In sustaining management and employee buy-in, we focus on providing quick wins to accelerate performance and deliver fast, tangible business results.